Typically there are 15-20 technical papers presented in the general and breakout sessions. In addition there are facilitated workshops that feature topics focused specifically to substation, transmission, or operations. The symposium will conclude with an ethics and code of conduct presentation. Authors of the technical papers are expected to present the content of their paper at the symposium.
Please note, speakers are required to submit a technical paper
Submission Instructions & Deadlines
Please take note of the important upcoming dates below.
Call For Abstracts Deadline: April 30, 2019
Board Review of Submissions: April 30 - May 26, 2019
Speaker Notifications: June 3, 2019
Speaker Agreement Deadline: June 14, 2019
Technical Paper & Presentation Deadline: July 19, 2019
Format Guidelines for Full Technical Paper
- No longer than 15 pages in length
- 11 Point Times New Roman font
- Normal 1 inch margin setting
- Include a cover page with paper title, presenter name, company affiliation and title
Format Guidelines for PowerPoint Presentation
- 15 - 20 slides total
- Presentation length - Presenters will choose one of the following lengths for their presentation:
- 20 minute presentation, followed by a 10 minute Q & A session = 30 minute total
- 30 minute presentation, followed by a 15 minute Q & A session = 45 minute total
- Font size range - no smaller than 18 points and no larger than 32 points
Commercialism PolicyWhat is allowed?
- Name of authors and presenters, affiliations, company names, supporting organizations, and corporate logos.
- The research, programs, policy, legislation or name of organizations, software, government agencies and government-sponsored agencies may be referenced to maintain presentation clarity and relevance.
- Specific reference may be made to industry-related standards, test methods and codes.
- Current technical information disseminated to the TSDOS audience sometimes includes proprietary aspects that are presented to inform and educate the members. The proprietary nature of the information may be identified to make evident the limitations of its use.
- Inference that the TSDOS approves or endorses any product, software, or system for any reason.
- Promotion of any product within the presentation and/or through distribution of written promotional material.